Sunday, January 11, 2015

Twist Out: Products Used



Happy Sunday!


I co-washed my hair with TRESsumme Naturals Conditioner and two strand twisted my damp hair.  Here are the products I used. 

Disclaimer: I am setting a goal for myself to use all the products that I have before going out to buy a complete system.  On my wish list currently is the Carol's Daughter Marula Curl Therapy Collection. Can't wait to get it, because I want to try a wash and go with it, which I have never done before.  

So let's get into the products I used. They surprisingly reacted really well together.  


The Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner was diluted a bit since the amount in the bottle wouldn't come through the pump.  The Jane Carter Solution Revitalizing Leave In Conditioner was diluted as well (since it was getting low). So I just pumped the diluted Shea Moisture Conditioner inside the Jane Carter Leave In bottle and shook it up.  I sprayed the solution in my damped hair then  followed up with some extra virgin Olive Oil (pictured below).  


The Cantu Shea Butter Define and Shine Custard  was then distributed in small sections of the hair along with more Kirkland Extra Virgin Olive Oil (because I was afraid of the white film that could arise, which has happened before when I used this).  I then brushed the product through with my denman brush.  I two strand twisted each small section and put a small bantu knot at the ends since some of my end do not curl due to heat damage.  


I then sat under a hooded dryer for 20 min. Then I wrapped it a satin scarf and went to sleep.  In the morning I pulled them apart and plucked them out with some Nume Argan Oil

And this is how it came out: 


I am happy that there was no white flaky film.  

Let me know what you think and what products you used on your twist out. 

Thanks for reading! 

XOXO, 

Courtney Palmer 


No comments:

Post a Comment