Thursday, March 19, 2015

Ancient Blends Review


                          



Greetings Beauties,



The beautiful Yendys, founder of the www.corieshellcenter.com was kind enough to send me some of her Ancient Blends natural hair care products. She sells these products on her etsy shop (https://www.etsy.com/shop/AncientBlends). 


Let me first explain to you all that all of her products smell amazing. When I opened the box I was overwhelmed with the scent of lemon, lavender, and jazmine (just to name a few).



The first product I tried was the Lemon Mint Shampoo.

                                    


It smells great (smells just like lemon and mint just like it states in its title). It is not the traditional consistency of other shampoos. It is a liquid, which made me use more than what I really needed. Therefore, it is safe to on say that a little goes a long way. I loved the way it made my scalp tingle.



Next, I triedd the Sacred Hair & Scalp Oil.




I used this oil as a hot oil treatment, by first warming a mug of water in the microwave (for three min) and then placing the oil inside the mug of water to let it get warm. I then used the bottles tip applicator to saturate my scalp and hair with the warm oil. The shampoo also has a tip appplicator so that you can apply the product directly to your scalp. Nice touch.


After applying the oil I seperated my hair into four sections and twisted them up and placed a plastic bag over my hair, along with my bonnet and scarf. I then went to sleep because I was tired.


When I woke up the next morning, I tried the Herbal Hair Rinse.

With this step I just brewed the tea (inside the refillable bag it comes with) and let it cool. I then poured it over my hair repeatedly for about 5 min. This tea rinse is supposed to be treated as a leave in so I did not rinse it out. I really loved how this rinse made my hair smell.

(You see: I used way too on much shampoo. A little goes a long way)


Last step: I used the Plant Based Hair Gel.


This gel is awesome. It smells amazing. I just seperated my hair into small sections, detangled, applied the gel, and rolled my hair up using perm rods.


I let this air dry for about 8 hours, remove the rods and here are the results:


Overall: I love all the products. The gel did not leave any flakes. The gel actually has a great moisturizing effect to it. Im in love.

Yendys (pronounced Yendez) also sent me tea to drink that is supposed to help your hair grow. I think I may do a separate post to review this, with some before and after shots.


Great products. Love, Love, Love. I would highly recommend.  I particularly love ancient blends because I can tell that all the ingredients are all natural. I know that some people like to create their own natural hair care products in their own kitchens,  but with three small children and a full time job, I dont have time. Therefore, I will more than likely purchase these items once these run out and after reviewing her etsy shop (https://www.etsy.com/shop/AncientBlends) I want to purchase the soap she sells. 

Note: I am currently traveling and am using the blogger app, therefore I plan to incorporate better links for this post at a later date.

Thanks for reading!!!!

Courtney



No comments:

Post a Comment