Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Review: Younique Moonstruck 3D Lashes Mascara

Disclaimer: I am not a Younique Presenter

Greetings Show Off's!
Today I will be reviewing the Younique Moonstruck 3D Fiber Lashes. The Younique Independent Presenter:

Molly Jane Bertram
Update (6/9/2015) Molly is no longer a Younique Presenter. She now sells Tyra Cosmetics ( www.tyra.com/mollyb)

However, If you would like to purchase this product, please visit her friend's website at

was nice enough to send me the Moonstruck 3D Fiber Lashes mascara set.  These 3D Lashes are currently priced at $29.00. Molly also sent me the  Younique Blending Buds, however, I haven't tried them yet because they are too cute.  The blending buds are priced at $25.00.  

The 3D Fiber Lashes come with a Transplanting Gel, (which is what you would apply first), along with the Natural Fibers (shorter packaging).  


Natural Fibers Wand (above)
Transplant Gel Wand (below)
How To Apply
(1) Apply an even coat of Transplanting Gel to lashes.
(2) Immediately Apply Natural Fibers while Transplanting Gel is wet.
(3) Seal the fibers with Transplanting Gel. Repeat until you've reached desired fullness.

Ingredients
Transplanting Gel Ingredients: Water, Beeswax (Natural Propolis), Carnauba (Brazilian palm glue), Iron Oxide Cl 77499 (Black), Collagen, Acrylates Copolymer, Nylon, Stearic Acid, Propylene Glycol. .23 FL OZ / 7 ml

Natural Fibers Ingredients: 100% Natural Fibers taken from Green Tea. Net WT .02 OZ/ .5g.

Collagen is a type of protein that works with elastin to give skin its texture, structure, and appearance. It contains antioxidants, and may help add volume and shine to the appearance of eyelashes.
Water (Aqua) is the liquid of life! Hydrates and cleanses the skin, and works as a natural spreading component, helping to distribute other ingredients evenly over the skin.

Beeswax (Natural Propolis) is a brownish, resinous material collected by bees and believed to have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.

Carnauba (Brazilian Palm Glue) is extracted and refined through a pressing and crushing process that turns the palm glue into an oil, creating the sticky nature of the transplanting gel. It is also believed to act as a natural preservative.

Iron Oxide Cl 77499 (Black) is a technical name for Black Iron Oxide. This naturally-occurring mineral acts a colorant, giving the gel its striking black color.

Acrylates Copolymer is an adhesive and binder, as well as a suspending agent.

Nylon is a powder substance that is used as an absorbent and thickening agent.

Stearic Acid (also known as Palmitic Acid) is an organic nutrient derived from palm trees that is often used to soothe and soften the skin.

Propylene Glycol is a humidifying and delivery ingredient.

Before 

After

Overall Impression and Rating 
Overall, I would give this mascara a rating of 8/10.  I love that it actually increases the length of my lashes with the the Moonstruck Natural Fibers. I also think that the price of $29.00 is pretty reasonable based on the fact that you are receiving two different products that come in a really nice carrying case.  If I am being completely honest, there are two different things that I do not appreciate about this product and they are that:

(1) my lashes got really hard once the Transplant Gel dried, and

(2) the Natural Fibers fell off my lashes after a couple of hours on to my under eye area causing a sort of raccoon look.

I can brush the fibers off, but this is something that I do not necessarily have to worry about with my normal mascara.  

Would I purchase this again? Possibly, If I can find a way for the Natural Fibers not to fall off. I do appreciate that this product does in fact make my lashes appear longer :) 

Have you tried the Moonstruck 3D Fiber Lashes? If so, what do you think? If you would like to purchase the 3D fiber lash please visit www.youniqueproducts.com/jillianmariev

If you receive a chance please follow me on IG @beautyshowoff  and Twitter @CrutieOnDuty

And I would also love if you would Like me on Facebook at Beauty Show Off   :) My other social media buttons are located on the side panel of this page.

Thanks for Reading!!!

and don't forget to.......

No comments:

Post a Comment