Thursday, June 18, 2015

Strobing or Contouring?


Greeting's Show-Off's

So, there is a new trending makeup technique that is similar to contouring and highlighting, called strobing. I found out about it here.  Strobing is a lot easier to do than highlighting and contouring, because all you do is swipe a specific highlighter all over your face.  Strobing is also a lot quicker than contouring.  

Here are the spots to highlight on the face where you can appear to look like a shining star, lol.

(1) Highest point of cheek bone
(2) Lips
(3) Inner corner of eye
(4) Brow bone
(5) Under cheek bone area
(6) Tip of nose
(7) Chin

Pretty much everywhere.......

Here is how it turned out when I used the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Topaz.



I like it. I think that strobing creates the illusion of contouring around the cheek area.  

Let me know what you think about strobing :) 

Thanks for Reading!!!