Sunday, January 18, 2015

How To: Fill In Your Brows


Happy Sunday Beauties! 

In today’s post we will be covering eyebrows and how to fill them in.  Eyebrows are one of the most important aspects of the face that you really can’t ignore.  I used to try to ignore them, however they are not to be ignored because they frame your face. 

I have recently started doing my brows right after applying my moisturizer in the morning in order to get it over with (because they can be the most nerve wrecking aspect of my everyday make-up routine - Post coming soon).

Here is what they look like before filling them in (A Mess): 



Not really much to work with, right? This is what used to intimidate me. However there is hope for these bald brows, lol.

These are the products and tools I use:





Step One: With the eyebrow pencil I outline my brow to the shape I want it to be, beginning at the bottom of the brow. I then outline the top. 




Step Two: I grab the eyebrow/eyeliner brush and begin to brush out the harsh lines I made with the pencil. 


Step Three: Now on to the concealer. I then use the eyeliner end of the eyeliner/eyebrow brush and pick up both shades of the Black Radiance concealer product. Then I begin to trace along the bottom portion of the brow. Afterwards, I blend downward toward the eyelid. 






Step Four: Then I move on to outlining the top of the brow with the same two shades of concealer. Afterwards, I make sure I blend it out by swiping the eyeliner brush upward toward the forehead. 


Step 5: Lastly, I switch to using the eyebrow brush again and brush the eyebrows into place. I also brush in order to get rid of any other harsh lines created after adding the concealer.  The purpose of this step is to make the brow look as natural as possible.

This is the end product: 



Before 
After








My eyebrows take me a bout five minutes in the morning. The lady at the MAC counter recently told me that it takes her 45 minutes to do her brows in the morning. I do not have that much time (clearly) so this is what works for me.  I try not to dwell to much on making them match because eyebrows are considered cousins not twin sisters.  

There you have it. Let me know if you have any questions and what products you use to fill in your brows.  Also, let me know if this was helpful for you. 

Feel free to also let me know what you would like me to post about next.

Thanks for reading!

Courtney


No comments:

Post a Comment