Saturday, April 25, 2015

Blush for Dark Skin


Greetings, 

I recently came across an article that dicussed how darker shades of skin should not wear certain shades of blush. Long story short the article limited Women of Color to only wearing blushes in the color categories of orange and brown.  

I beg to differ (I do not agree with this). Women of color can wear any shade of blush they want. I definitely do. 

I think its just all in how you blend it, and the number one rule with blush is that a little goes a long way.  

The blushes I experimented with are in the color families of orange, pink, and raspberry (reddish purple).  I used: 



(3) Black Radiance Artisan Color Baked Blush in Raspberry

Here are the swatches of each:


And here are how they look on me, where I believe that I am considered medium dark. I am currently wearing Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation in Sandalwood.






I do agree that there are some highlighters that darker shades need to stay away from in order not to appear ashy.  However, I believe that with blush the sky is the limit.  That's just me. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment