Tuesday, May 5, 2015

How To: Easy Up-Do on Natural Hair


Greeting Beauties!

Today I would like to share with you all how I accomplish my classic up do look with an over night twist out or braid out.  The magic tool for this look is a rubber band. Yes, a rubber band.



Growing up I have always been told that rubber bands are the worst for your hair when using them for pony tails.  However, I have tried so many different hair bands and pins to achieve this look and here are the results:

Bobby Pins = Fail



Hair Ties = Fail 


Old Tore up Tights = Fail

Rubber Band = Win

I think the rubber band works best for this look because it has the most elasticity and your hair is not going to look too bunched up (with Hair Ties) or keep falling down/out (with Bobby Pins).  

With the twist out or braid out I do the night before I use a mixture of water, Lily of The Desert Aloe Vera Supplement, Whole Leaf and Heritage Store Vegetable Glycerin in a spray bottle in order to moisturize my hair. I then follow up with either Olive Oil or a natural hair cream. 

I finally tie my hair up in a satin scarf and go to sleep.  

In the morning when I take my hair out of the twists or braids I take a rubber band and moisturize the band with either olive oil or a natural hair cream so that it does not pull my hair and then carefully put the rubber band around my neck and start to bring the band up over my face. My next goal is to bring the band up from the back of the neck as far as possible toward my face first, while the part of the band that is coming over my face does not come up as much.  


Special Shout Out to my younger Twin Zoey for taking these pics :) 


That is it. I usually sweep my curls to side of my face, and keep it moving. This is so easy and I get so many compliments on this style. 





Let me know what your go to hair style is when you are in rush, or when you just want to look cute.

Also don't forget to follow me on IG @beautyshowoff and Twitter @CrutieOnDuty

And be sure to Like me on Facebook at Beauty Show Off   :) My other social media buttons are located on the side panel of this page. 
  
Thanks for reading!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment